5 Ways to Prepare for a Kitchen Renovation ProjectBlog | March 30th, 2018
If you are considering starting a major kitchen renovation project in your home, you should plan some ways to prepare for the disruption of daily food preparation while your kitchen update is in progress. If you are fortunate and have a second kitchen in your home, this updating project will not cause any changes or delays in preparing your household meals. However, if you currently have one home kitchen, and it is in need of serious renovations, you will need to plan ahead to handle the daily food preparation for your family or other household members while your necessary kitchen update is in progress.
Five Major Ways to Prepare for a Kitchen Renovation Project in Your Home
Before beginning a necessary design and decor makeover of your home kitchen, you will need to make some primary preparations, such as the following:
1. Remove Small Kitchen Appliances and Furnishings. – You should remove all small kitchen appliances and any furnishings like kitchen bar stools or chairs. If you have a mobile kitchen island, it should be wheeled into an adjoining room, if possible, to avoid any damage or surface stains from debris, plaster, paints or sealing agents. All cookware, utensils, china, glassware, flatware and dried or canned foods should also be removed from the kitchen cabinets, shelves and drawers.
2. Cover Granite, Marble or Quartz Benchtops. – Benchtops made of granite, marble or quartz should be completely covered with padded moving blankets to prevent any scratching, chipping or staining during renovations. Although these surfaces are hard and durable, they can still incur some damage when heavy equipment and materials are being used to perform necessary kitchen updates.
3. Remove Sconce Lights, Note Boards or Calendars from Kitchen Walls. – Any sconce light fixtures, note boards or calendars that are hanging on your kitchen walls should be removed well ahead of the start of renovations to avoid damage or misplacement once the updating work has begun.
4. Cover Stovetop Burners. – Your kitchen stovetop burners should all be secured with their metal covers or with hard plastic sheeting to avoid damage during remodeling work. You want to avoid the need to replace any kitchen equipment or appliances due to accidental damage during renovations.
5. Place Drop Cloths on Kitchen Floors. – Remember to cover your kitchen flooring with thick drop cloths prior to the start of your kitchen renovating project. Floors can be easily stained, scraped or scarred during remodeling procedures, so take care to protect all floors in your kitchen area.
By contacting the kitchen renovating experts at Knebel Kitchens in Prospect, NSW, you will benefit from top quality advice, designs and complete renovations services for your home kitchen. This fine team of experienced designers, builders, craftsmen and installers will re-design and refurbish your entire culinary preparation area to provide you with the ultimate new kitchen makeover you have long desired.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au